HDM15S Build 813 Problem

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by wptski, Dec 19, 2015.

1. wptski

wptski Registered Member

Just noticed that W10 Pro 64-bit anyway, Build 813 has lost access to my WD My Cloud where I save my VD at. Windows sees it just fine. I'm on a dual boot with W7 which is still on the previous build. Have check it and also the BMB created USB flash that I made also.

EDIT:
    No problem with W7 under the previous build or the BMB/USB flash drive. No problem in W7 with Build 813 either. Must be a bug as I can mount one of the VD's stored on the network drive. I just submitted a support ticket.

Tried to map the network drive from within HDM15S by typing in the direct address but it wouldn't allow me to type in the full address but only a few characters! Once that failed, closed HDM, PC acted like the CTRL key was stuck and had to reboot. Seriously buggy.....

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  2. wptski

wptski Registered Member

Just got a response about my trouble ticket but they just asked if I tried to map the drive from HDM which I already tried. I just uninstalled build 813 and installed build 772 again. Now it doesn't see the WD MyCloud so it must be some Windows Update that was installed after build 772 was originally installed that's the cause.

3. wptski

wptski Registered Member

Got a registry patch for the problem and a random Windows issue which has appeared since W8 they stated.

To work around this problem, configure the EnableLinkedConnections registry value. This value enables Windows to share network connections between the filtered access token and the full administrator access token for a member of the Administrators group. After you configure this registry value, LSA checks whether there is another access token that is associated with the current user session if a network resource is mapped to an access token. If LSA determines that there is a linked access token, it adds the network share to the linked location.

To configure the EnableLinkedConnections registry value: Click Start, type regedit, and press Enter. Locate and right-click the registry subkey HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System. Point to New and choose DWORD Value. Type EnableLinkedConnections and press Enter. Right-click EnableLinkedConnections and click Modify. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK. Exit the Registry Editor and restart the computer.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.