HDM15 and Backup Files to DVD?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Hedgehog, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Registered Member

Hi all, I am confused. I can't seem to find any info about burning to DVD, the backup files created by this program. It doesn't look like I can burn directly to DVD, but the program splits the files into 4GB each. What's the point of that? If I can burn to DVD, then what do I burn to each disk. What has to be on disk 1?

I don't get it :p

2. wptski

wptski Registered Member

That's the file limitations size of FAT32. Never tried to a DVD but I don't see any reason one couldn't.

3. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Registered Member

Ah. I see. So there's no burning to cd/dvd/bluray for this program then. Unless they just all fit on a DVD and I move them to an external later if I need to. Hard drives fail. I just wanted to have a few different copies/options.

4. wptski

wptski Registered Member

I backup to a network drive and copy to a docking station external USB hard drive.

5. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

The capacity of a data DVD is about 4.2-4.3 GB. A backup image can be splited in 4 GB files precisely to enable you to burn it to DVDs. You just burn each 4-GB file to a DVD.

So, it´s possible to save an image in DVDs, but it´s not a good idea.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.