HDM15 and Backup Files to DVD?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Hedgehog, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Registered Member

Hi all, I am confused. I can't seem to find any info about burning to DVD, the backup files created by this program. It doesn't look like I can burn directly to DVD, but the program splits the files into 4GB each. What's the point of that? If I can burn to DVD, then what do I burn to each disk. What has to be on disk 1?

I don't get it :p

2. wptski

wptski Registered Member

That's the file limitations size of FAT32. Never tried to a DVD but I don't see any reason one couldn't.

3. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Registered Member

Ah. I see. So there's no burning to cd/dvd/bluray for this program then. Unless they just all fit on a DVD and I move them to an external later if I need to. Hard drives fail. I just wanted to have a few different copies/options.

4. wptski

wptski Registered Member

I backup to a network drive and copy to a docking station external USB hard drive.

5. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

The capacity of a data DVD is about 4.2-4.3 GB. A backup image can be splited in 4 GB files precisely to enable you to burn it to DVDs. You just burn each 4-GB file to a DVD.

So, it´s possible to save an image in DVDs, but it´s not a good idea.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016