HDM14S BMB

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by wptski, Nov 22, 2013.

1. wptski

wptski Registered Member

The problem in HDM12S BMB that starts at Post #30 in the link below still exists in HDM14S. Using the ADK which has build in USB 3.0 drivers installs a us-en language package and at the end it states that it couldn't. If using WAIK, it doesn't install that package, one must install the USB 3.0 drivers and it works. I created a support ticket at that time with a link to the thread, did what they suggested but nothing changed. IIRC, the support ticket was then deleted by Paragon for whatever reason.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=336781&page=3

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I have encountered problems with both the Recovery Media Builder for HDM 14, and the Boot Media Builder for HDM 14. My experience with the BMB:

Working in Windows 7 x64 (localized, not-English version), I can create a WinPE 4.0/5.0 using WADK for Windows 8/8.1. BMB doesn´t recognize automatically the WADKs, it´s necessary to point the program to the respective folder. A "warning" appears about the WMI Package (?), but it seems that this isn´t important.

In general terms, these WinPEs work well in both the Windows 7 computer and in a UEFI laptop (with Windows 8.1).

But...

When I try to use BMB with WAIK in the same Windows 7 computer, the process ends with an error, and the ISO file is not created.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  3. wptski

wptski Registered Member

IIRC, you didn't have this problem with HDM12S, correct?

4. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Correct, I didn´t.

5. John Doe Genius

John Doe Genius Registered Member

My 2 cents: Shutdown your firewall and antivirus before creating the WinPE image. I am running Win7 x64 Pro and Norton Internet Security. I deactivated both the Firewall & AV in NIS (for 1 hour) and then I could successfully create the image (both an .iso file and to an USB stick).

I have previously had similar problems with mounting/unmounting WIMfiles when I used a Kaspersky security product; I had to disable Kaspersky when running DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management from Microsoft).

BTW, I found it difficult to identify the preferred USB stick. BMB identified the actual targets as “drive #2 (7701 MB), drive #3 (3823 MB)”. Windows (and other programs) identifies the preferred stick as “Verbatim Store”

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  6. wptski

wptski Registered Member

Tried the latest 21334 build of the BMB using the ADK instead of the WAIK and after the showing the below screen, it still error with a " Can't install language package". Way back when this started SIW2 said that it shouldn't be trying to install a language package!

WAIK still works with no problem.

Funny nobody else has run into this particular problem.

BMB_Error.jpg