HDM12S WinPE/BMB

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by wptski, Jul 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wptski

wptski Registered Member

I use a docking station and have two 750GB HDs. I plugged in one that had archives that were a year old just to see how the latest build would handle them from WinPE/BMB.

I then swapped to the HD that I'm currently using and viewed those archives as well.

Returning to Windows, HDM12S showed every archive I viewed with some greyed out and duplicates. I just deleted/edited to read correctly.

This means that while under WinPE, it writes to the HDM12S folder on your C: drive. I find that a bit odd!

Back some time ago I had a restore problem and Paragon's answer was that sometimes but not all the time, WinPE writes to the HD which can cause issues.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

My thought is that it has to do with the maintaining archive data in the database. As I've said before, I hate the idea of databases and I just wish it would deal with archives at the filename level.

3. Adric

Adric Registered Member

Do you see the Archives Tab when using the Non Express GUI in the PE built by BMB? I have an older paid version of HDM 10 and I only see the Help and Disk View tabs in my PE that I built with Make_PE3. I would be interested to know what BMB does differently to get this to work.

Anyone know if I would be eligible to get BMB since I have a paid version of an older HDM?

4. wptski

wptski Registered Member

The Archives tap seen from Windows isn't available from WinPE, IIRC. Log into your Paragon account and go to Downloads to find out what you can/can't get.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.