HDM12 won't uninstall - any ways to force uninstall?

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by twlove, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twlove

twlove Registered Member

Hello,
    With Win 8 machine have had problems merging drives - taking days and then failing. Today tried to start HDM 12 and it hung. Tried to uninstall and reinstall. It won't uninstall, repair or reinstall. I get a message:
    Error 1327. Invalid drive E:\
    HDM 12 is running on C:\
    The hard drive it chewed up the data on (the drive was fine and has no errors) was on E:\ It no longer exists.
    Any ideas on how to force an uninstall?
    Cheers,
    Terry

2. twlove

twlove Registered Member

Discovered through Microsoft support that Error 1327 usually means a drive that doesn't exist is allocated in registry (see, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327763 ). Removed the errant drive entries and things seem to work ok now. Did a Wipe on the chewed up drive (292Gb) which took 4 hours - about right timewise. Also now HDM 12 can uninstall but will leave it for now as this appears to solve the issue. Any advice welcome!

3. garioch7

garioch7 Registered Member

Just for future reference, if you have problems uninstalling HDM, I use Revo Uninstaller Pro to uninstall most of my programs. Does a good job of finding and deleting the "leftovers" as well and also has a "Forced Uninstall" capability for those programs that stuck "half in and half out."

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,
    -PHil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.