HDM12 omits all EFS-encrypted files from backup

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by steaksauce, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steaksauce

steaksauce Registered Member

I have tried repeatedly to create a file backup of my Documents folder, which contains an EFS-encrypted subfolder. However, each time, Paragon omits all encrypted files from the backup, and reports this in the progress dialog.

I'm using Hard Disk Manager 12 Suite 10.1.19.16240 on Windows 7 x64 SP1. I launch Paragon HDM from my own user account, which has access to the encrypted files. I use the Smart Backup Wizard, choose "Other Files and Folders", and do not use any include/exclude masks (so all files should be included).

More info:
    - launcher.exe and plauncher_s.exe are running as admin under my username, but without SeBackupPrivilege
    - I am running Microsoft Security Essentials but no other security software
    - I have tried this with Hot Processing enabled and disabled; have tried moving the encrypted folder to various locations; have tried designating the encrypted folder itsef, or various parent folders, for backup; and have tried using explicit include masks... all without success

How can I get HDM to back up my EFS-encrypted files? Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.