HDM12 omits all EFS-encrypted files from backup

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by steaksauce, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steaksauce

steaksauce Registered Member

I have tried repeatedly to create a file backup of my Documents folder, which contains an EFS-encrypted subfolder. However, each time, Paragon omits all encrypted files from the backup, and reports this in the progress dialog.

I'm using Hard Disk Manager 12 Suite 10.1.19.16240 on Windows 7 x64 SP1. I launch Paragon HDM from my own user account, which has access to the encrypted files. I use the Smart Backup Wizard, choose "Other Files and Folders", and do not use any include/exclude masks (so all files should be included).

More info:
    - launcher.exe and plauncher_s.exe are running as admin under my username, but without SeBackupPrivilege
    - I am running Microsoft Security Essentials but no other security software
    - I have tried this with Hot Processing enabled and disabled; have tried moving the encrypted folder to various locations; have tried designating the encrypted folder itsef, or various parent folders, for backup; and have tried using explicit include masks... all without success

How can I get HDM to back up my EFS-encrypted files? Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.