HDM12 Differential Backup problem

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by jgschatz, Nov 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgschatz

jgschatz Registered Member

Hi
    I am using HDM12 pro on a Win7 64 bit machine.
    I have been not been able to do a diiferential backup of a partition. Also th partition cannot be mounted.

I have created a new base backup and when I try to do a differential I always receive the message
    "The wizard did not find any objects that can be used to make a differential backup"

I checked backup integrity and it was OK.
    I also chkdsk the esata attached HD where I store archives and it was OK.
    I also tried using a new internal sata HD for storage but no difference
    I also reinstalled HDM

I would appreciate some guidance

Joe

2. skbaltimore

skbaltimore Registered Member

I'm having the exact same problem. No responses since your initial post?!! I sent a request to Paragon and am waiting to hear back from them. (I'm using HDM 11 Suite, but that shouldn't matter.) I was able to make diff backups routinely on the exact same type of laptop. The only difference was that the first laptop was running Win 7 Pro 32 bit, and the second one was running Win 7 64 bit. I never had any problems on the 32 bit OS. It's extremely frustrating.

3. skbaltimore

skbaltimore Registered Member

Update: I just tried the HDM 12 recovery disc full backup and then a differential backup, and everything worked fine. I'm not sure what went wrong with the HDM 11 version when I tried it, or with the HDM 12 version when you tried it.

2nd Update: I just re-tried to make a diff backup with HDM 11 and I was able to do it today, but the size was almost identical to the full backup, and it had only been 2 days since I made the full b/u, and there were not that many changes; no defrags, etc.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.