HDM suite 14 crashing while trying to restore from archive

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by toby1970, Aug 12, 2015.

1. toby1970

toby1970 Registered Member

Hi,

I had a recent hard drive failure, and am trying to restore from an archive of that drive. I had 2 arhives from different dates, and i initially tried to restore to a new drive from the most recent. However, an error message came up after a couple of hours telling me the archive had errors. So i abandoned that archive and used the check archive facility in HDM to check the older archive to see if it was OK, which came back as a yes. So, i left it restoring from this archive overnight. When i returned to the machine in the morning, i found that HDM was frozen, so i forced it to close. i was then pleased to find that my drive appeared to have been restored, until i found that some of the files were unreadable. So, i assumed that the crash had happened before the process had completed, so i tried again. This time came up with an i/o error on the new drive after getting 28% through the process, and promptly froze again. So, I tried again. HDM has frozen at the same point in the process.

Any ideas as to what is causing this??

Thanks

2. wptski

wptski Registered Member

The only error I ever get with HDM15S is one that states that it doesn't have full control of the destination drive but it never starts the process. Just retrying again and it has always worked then.

3. John2222

John2222 Registered Member

Have you ever tried creating HDM 15 boot DVD and then booting from it and running the restore that way? I think you can create Windows and/or Linux CD/DVD's to boot from.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.