HDM 2011 Pro incompatible with itself?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by hwbraam, Sep 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hwbraam

hwbraam Registered Member

I have HDM 2011 Pro, just updated to version 10.0.17.13908 from 10.0.17.13146. I found that version 13908 refuses to see archives made with 13146. Can't mount, can't add , can't access them in any way from 13908.
    Any clues?

2. wptski

wptski Registered Member

Just had a similiar probem with HDM2011S with new build. When you select restore' go to select your archive, another window opens to select your archive. You have two options or ways to find your archive. Using the "Look In" or use the scrolling bar in the window to find your HD and archive.

I "think" but not really sure because it didn't repeat itself that there's a difference in what happens using both ways. Try using the "Look In". I believe using the scrolling bar didn't allow me to see all my archives.

3. hwbraam

hwbraam Registered Member

Version 13908 can find an archive made with version 13146 but refuses to add it to the database or use it for a restore. In 13908 the all items under Archive menu are greyed out, including the add and delete. When using the Add option from the Archive tab , the program will find an archive if pointed to it but ignores any attempt to access it. Adding this to the problems we encountered with the Defrag portion of this Pro-suite (see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=308395) we've decided to look for a more reliable tool.

4. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Working from the 13908 WinPE, I don´t find any problem to select and use for restore an image created with previous builds, either of HDM or B&R.

5. wptski

wptski Registered Member

They are using the HDR Pro version not the Suite.

6. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I haven´t use the Pro version, but I think HDM Pro and Suite are basically the same program. The Pro has some extra functions (virtualizacion is one). The basic imaging functions should be the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.