HDM 2009 Bootable Media blank screen and lockup after install windows 7 ultimate

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by dudely, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dudely

dudely Registered Member

I have no idea why or what the issue is but before I installed windows 7 ultimate I was able to use the Hard Disk Manager 2009 Suite bootable CD to do backups of my computer system.

Now, I am not able to get through to the options menu to select the tool I want to use OR very very few times I am able to get through to select the Hard Disk Manager but then I get blank screen and the entire computer locks up. Caps Lock key doesn't work even.

The ONLY thing I did was install windows 7 ultimate on the computer. I made no other changes.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on?

I removed the restore partition on this computer and was happy just using the restore disc. Now, I can't use it and I need to do a backup of the hard disk. I did a backup of the disk before I installed windows 7 but now since the bootable media isn't working I can't even restore it if I needed to.

Any suggestions on what is going on?

For more information:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
    6 GB Ram
    Intel Centrino 2 Quad Core
    500GB hard disk

I was using Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit.

The boot menu appears when the cd loads

I tried Normal Mode, Safe Mode, Low Graphics Mode and I get same results. Black screen with computer lockup and sometimes hard disk light stays on sometimes not.

I let it sit for a few hours just to see if it was just taking long time but no, the system was totally locked up. I can't get past the initial boot menu to get into the utilities OR if one of the few times it does get past and allows me to select a utility I choose Hard Disk Manager and then same thing happens, Black Screen and computer lock up.

Please help.

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

If you're booting from the recovery CD, and the system is locking up, it has nothing to do with your operating system, so I don't think upgrading to Windows 7 was the issue. However, if there were any new hardware introduced, it's possible there's a new conflict there. Else, check the partitions within Windows with HDM 2009 to see if they're error free.

If you can't launch HDM 2009 at all, I suggest downloading and installing Drive Backup 10 or Partition Manager 10 demo. Windows 7 is new ground for HDM 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.