HDM 15 freezes when accessing the Archive page

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by c3b12, Aug 28, 2015.

1. c3b12

c3b12 Registered Member

Hello,

I installed HDM 15 business edition on my server (Windows Server 2012 Essentials) and created my first backup. But when I tried to access the "archive" page to view the list, the software freezes, the memory occupation increases very fast as well as the processor ratio (visible in the processus manager) and the server without suprise freezes as well ...connexion lost.

I opened HDM with administrator rights, created an exception for the archive database file (c:\program files\Paragon Software\HDM 15 Business\Program\arcdir) just in case

What can I do next?

Thanks for help

2. c3b12

c3b12 Registered Member

After investigation, I discovered this:
    - my first backup was saved into a directory in my dynamic RAID partition
    - when I delete the archive database file in the program folder th "archive" page is fine
    - in both "archive" and "Volume explorer" pages, when I want to develop the dynamic disks group node from the hard disks node, the progra freeze

So my problem seems to have connections with some inquiry on my dynamic RAID partiction (composed of 3 physical HD disks).

Any suggestions?

3. c3b12

c3b12 Registered Member

At last, the technical support answered today. His answer is very surprising: unlike what seems to be written in the user manual, dynamic disks and partitions are not fully supported by PHDM 15!
    My issue nevertheless is admitted to be a bug (unmanaged exception) and the exception will be traded by the developpers. I have no garantee that the correction will allow the RAID Microsoft dynamic RAID partition to be fully supported.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.