HDM 14 cannot find network shares

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Slaycock, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Slaycock

Slaycock Registered Member

I nave a nas4free server which I have set up on a fixed url. Windows see this NAS perfectly well and HDM 12 had no problems either. Unfortunately HDM14 is unable to see the NAS nor can I pursuade it to use the defined Network share I already have set-up (L:).

Other software such as Allwaysync, filezilla, pathsync, putty etc have no trouble finding the NAS.

With HDM 14 even if I type in the url (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX) and assign a share then nothing happens.

FTP fails even though it can see the server. The failure is that the share doesn't have rqndom data access. This is despite the FTP being given root login details.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit.

The nas4free system is the most current software.

I am profoundly disappointed.

2. Slaycock

Slaycock Registered Member

OK after several reboots and waiting overnight I can now finally see the network share.

I have successfully backed up partitions using the new backup format but won't be using this format going forward as it doesn't yet seem to offer differential backups:(

Thus far I have failed to backup the same partitions using the Smart Backup wizard. Each time I select the network drive I get an error saying a part of paragon System Utilities has stopped working.:ouch:

This is a very poor showing for what is supposed to be a mature, updated software package.:thumbd:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.