HDM 14 Boot CD

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by MartinDav, Jan 3, 2014.

1. MartinDav

MartinDav Registered Member

I'm trying to make sure I'm up to date with my Boot CD. First I created a CD from the iso folder using bootcd_x64. When I checked it with the Check Recovery Disk utility it said it was not a bootable disk. Then I created one with the bootcd image and that one checked okay.

I then upgraded the version to 10.1.21.334 and downloaded the BMB Utility and created a boot disk. The Check Recovery Disk utility said that one was not bootable.

I just want to make sure that I have a current bootable disk should I need to do a recovery. My primary recovery images are on an external drive connected by a USB 3.0 connection.

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

To check the boot CD, just try to boot with it. This will check not only that the disc is bootable, but also that it has the drivers for your hardware. The disc built from the x64 ISO should boot UEFI systems in UEFI mode.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.