HDM 14 - Are *scheduled* Synthetic backups possible?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Trip, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Trip

Trip Registered Member

Hello,

I am trying out HDM 14 and would like to backup my system drive over my network. Keeping files sizes and backup times as small as possible is a high priority, so I am hoping to do this incrementally.

Since HDM 14 cannot do incremental backups at the partition level (only differential), my thought was to schedule a nightly differential backup, followed by the a synthetic backup from that differential and the base archive, whereby the newly-synthesized archive would replace the base as the latest full archive (done with a .BAT file). My thinking is that this schema would limit the amount of differentials to at little as 1 (if I ran the synthetic and base replacement nightly) and would also keep network transfer to a minimum, in effect creating a "rolling incremental" backup. Any thoughts on that logic?

My one problem: I haven't yet been able to figure out how to schedule a Synthetic backup -- either through the GUI or through the scripting language... is it possible? And if so, might someone be able to point me to an example script for a Synthetic backup?

Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.