HDM 12 Suite

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by cwil62, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cwil62

cwil62 Registered Member

When trying to do Integrity Check I get message that says Can't open or create file. All was working well until I spoke to Tech Service re the fact that view file created a parsing error and Tech advised me to uninstall and then go to explorer and delete HD Mgr 12 Directory and then reinstall. Does anyone know what to look for to fix now.

2. cwil62

cwil62 Registered Member

I forgot to mention on previous backups I can do an integrity check. However at the end their is no message saying successful. I am told should be message that say successful but Tech Support not sure why. Even though I am able to run integrity check on prior backups on the latest one I get the message can't open or create file. Prior backups are 103.1 GB which to open but the latest one is 102.3 and it doesn't open. All of the backups have been done within two days with no additions or subtractions on any files on my disk.

3. garioch7

garioch7 Registered Member

I am using HDM 12 Suite as well. I always do an integrity check immediately after the partition backup completes. It has always worked with this version (the latest) and previous versions/patches; and, it does indeed, give me a results message when complete indicating that there were no integrity errors.

It sounds like you MIGHT have a corrupt install. I would use Revo Unintaller Pro to make sure that you get everything out, cold boot, and reinstall, just to eliminate that possibility.

The fact that you received some kind of parsing error with the latest backup is problematic. The backup could be corrupt. If I am interpreting correctly what you are reporting, you went to view the backup file BEFORE trying to initiate an integrity check. I am wondering what would have happened had you tried to initiate an integrity check BEFORE viewing the file. Could the file viewer have done something to the backup that the integrity check does not like (changing the access date or something else arcane)?

Just a few thoughts. Let us know how you make out. It is how we all learn. Have a great day.

Regards,
    -Phil

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

While I agreed with response that backup sizes vary and are likely caused by various Windows activities mentioned earlier, I think there is a good chance the 102GB archives are incomplete given the issues you have now.

Take Windows out of the picture by booting up the Paragon Recovery CD and creating an archive using it and then try verifying the new archive. If that works, then try verifying your old archives, both the 103GB and the 102GB ones. This may give a clue.

5. cwil62

cwil62 Registered Member

Since this post I have uninstalled and reinstalled. See the post entitled

HDM 12 Suite - Unable to open settings or setup scheduled backup

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.