HDM 12 and HDM 14

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Sandunes, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Sandunes

Sandunes Registered Member

Am I correct that both of these have to be installed under a Windows OS to create the bootable versions (linux or WinPE). I don't see a download link to a bootable ISO for either of them.

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

To create a WinPE with WAIK or WADK, you must install Boot Media Builder. To create a WinPE with WinRE, you must install both HDM and Recovery Media Builder.

To create a Linux boot medium, you must install HDM. It´s not necessary to use Recovery Media Builder. The x86 and x64 ISOs are in the installation folders.

3. Sandunes

Thanks!

If Linux will boot and run with my hardware do I get the same functionality as the WinPE version of HDM?

4. Robin A.

The basic functionality to create and restore images, and correct boot problems, is the same. The interface is simpler, and there is a function to back up and restore the whole disk. But I don´t think all the functionality of the WinPE version is present in the Linux one.

Also, a Linux boot medium (USB key or CD) built with the x64 ISO boots an UEFI Windows 8.1 system with Secure Boot enabled.

5. Sandunes

Any idea if the linux version can do a proper HDD->SSD copy of all partitions?

6. Robin A.

I don´t think so. I see nothing in the Linux boot medium about migration to SSD.

7. Sandunes

Rats! I was hoping the SSD migration would be standard by now. I need something that will copy 3 partitions from a HDD to an SSD. Maybe TI as suggested earlier is the best option.

8. Sandunes

Can HDM12 and HDM14 (as well as the corresponding BMB) coexist on the same Windows 7 box, or does HDM12 need be be uninstalled first?

9. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

You can have both installed.