HDGUARD 5

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by hsj, Aug 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hsj

hsj Registered Member

Last edited: Aug 25, 2006
  2. Mork

Mork Registered Member

We're using HDGUARD because of its additional features. It has a remote control software, can restrict USB ports (read only or block them), and has a 'didactic' teacher console. It's a rather complete package. We've included it in all our ghost images for some years now and are very comfortable with it. I'd suggest to give it a try and find out how well it meets your requirements.

3. hsj

hsj Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. I read the entire manual and it seems like a very flexible product. Will definitely give it a try.

4. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Low-count posters conversing with one another... helpful hints, astroturf, or blatant spam, I wonder? Whoooo knows?:rolleyes:

5. hsj

hsj Registered Member

Well, just don't forget you were a low count poster at one time, too! Anyway, I was just trying to see if anyone has any experience with this software that I came across. Beside, why would I join the forum in 1/2005 and wait till now to post spam?

I am here for the same reason as everyone else. Being a low count poster doesn't mean that I am here to spam the board. In fact, I could get my post count up fast by quickly replying to different posts but that would truely make me a spammer.

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

U are probably right but spam is so common that anybody can suspect it anywhere, so don,t take it serious. U are welcome of course.
    Personally it was first time ti hear about this and I did checked the suite just after ur first post but as I already have RollBackRx and my second choice will be FDISR, so I was not interested.

7. hsj

hsj Registered Member

I just started trying rollback about a week ago and have read thru all 19 pages on the rollback thread here on wilders. Anyway, I just thought this might be of interest to people who are currently using deepfreeze, rollback or fdisr. So far, rollback seems to be my choice until I have a chance to test out hdguard.

8. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

Welcome to the family of posters! :-*

9. hsj

hsj Registered Member

Thanks! =)

10. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I was just wondering about the solo post by Mork, with his use of the royal "we" and wording that sounds like a direct lift from marketing hype. I wonder when we will hear from him again -- with a new IP perhaps?

11. Dina

Dina Registered Member

DF or shadowuser is better. much better.

12. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Not interested in "HDGUARD 5".
    It takes too much time to test such softwares and make them work with other softwares, like image backup, defragmentation, encryption, ... :)

13. hsj

hsj Registered Member

Is your conclusion based on actual experiment of the software? If so, can you tell me more about it?

14. Mork

Mork Registered Member

I found this board when I was searching Google for the latest version. And to be honest, I'm indeed not interested in "joining the community". Please forgive that! Just thought dropping an answer would be appropriate. Btw, "We" is the school I work for. There are situations where such a tool works best, whilst other situations might require other tools. And HDGUARD is the best here.

15. Dina

Dina Registered Member

HDguard had the slowest shutdown and reboot period compared to DF and SU. SU was light compared to hdguard. I used a 1ghz pc with 256ram running on xp, so id know whats slow or not. SU is more flexible, has more options. I used each for about a week, SU i used more than the most, once I found out it was better. I used hdguard on a fresh windows install, with very few apps so the chance of it being slow due to conflict is low. But this is just based on one pc. so it may not be much of a conclusion.

try all those apps yourself, its the best way to find out which one is the best for your machine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.