HDD Regenerator 1.51 (Excellent Program)

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by DVD+R, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Hey All, Have you tried this program? http://www.dposoft.net/#b_hddhid

I completely wiped my Drive with WipeDrive 3.0.3 so there was no partition on it, then I ran HDD Regenerator, and Wow :blink: it found 7 Bad Sectors and Recovered them all, Windows thourough CHKDSK only found 2 Bad Sectors, and didnt recover them, it only replaced them o_O Now I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate on a Sparkly New Drive again,and the performance is very noticeable :cool:

However this isnt a quick fix it scans every single sector of your Hard Drive, on my Drive which is 160GB it took 12 Hours overnight to complete the entire scan, :blink: But I'm well pleased with the final result :thumb:

2. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

Please be aware that there was a physical reason for those sectors being marked as bad in the first place (it is the drive the marks things bad, not the OS) and you should only use these tools as part of recovery (and they ARE good for that), do not rely on them making your drive 100% fixed.

3. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Have spoke with several Tech`s over the years concerning these types of applications. For the most part how they work is to mark the bad sector so the OS ignores it and does not write to it. As Nickr said, for the recovery of data they can be very useful. To depend on them to recondition the HDD to "like new" condition so it can be counted on as the Master drive on a primary machine may be disastrous. Best of luck.

4. zorro zorrito

zorro zorrito Registered Member

HDD is very good, the most important thing it does is to magnetize your disk, I have used this program many times but "be aware not to use it too much, and when you use it "ignore the first sector of the hard disk" because it can cause your pc don't detect the hard disk you wanted to fix, I have red this many times before use it, and I had that experience one time with one hard disk, so that "always start from sector 2", is better and more secure in the use of this program. I think this is the best one of this kind, there are a few more.

5. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

As I said, I did what I did, and regardless of whatever, my machine is operating at peak performance now. but I dont intend to use this program on a regular basis :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.