HDA: ERROR WAITING FOR DMA

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jeanatavitar, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeanatavitar

jeanatavitar Registered Member

I've added an 80GB hard-drive to our test system machine. Tried to restore as always. This time things are painfully slow. We restore from an image to the boot drive, therefore requiring a re-boot before the restore takes place. When Acronis boots, I get the error 'hda:error waiting for dma'. The restore does eventually begin but insists on analyzing all partitions, including the partitions on the new drive. That would be fine other than the time restraint. The process previously took minutes with the one hard-drive. Now with the added hard-drive, I can't get past the step of the software analyzing the partitions.

Any suggestions.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jeanatavitar,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround described at Acronis Help Post and if it doesn't help please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc (the full version) and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears. After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please add the "nodma" parameter (without quotes) to the end of the Linux kernel command line (do not remove the word "quiet") and click on the OK button.

This should solve the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. jeanatavitar

Sorry to be ignorant, but we downloaded the product. I've made a copy on CD. Is this the rescue disk of which you speak?

4. jeanatavitar

Tried the workarounds.

Both the apci=noapic and the nodma. Didn't work. When trying to restore an image, the application is still working like molasses.

I boot from a samsung 20 GB drive. I've added an 80 GB seagate barracuda/7200. The addition of the 80 GB drive is the only change to the machine. Immediately thereafter, any attempts to restore an image with Acronis takes an unacceptable amount of time (hours). This is becoming a problem! :mad:

5. Acronis Support

Hello jeanatavitar,

Please make sure Acronis Bootable CD was created with the latest (903) build of Acronis True Image. Also please unplug any card readers from the system (if any).

If the problem persists please create the sysinfo.txt in the way described at Acronis Help Post. Also please create sysinfo.txt in the similar way but with the "nodma" parameter in the Linux Kernel Settings. Please send both files to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. Please do the following:

- Open Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information;
    - Choose the "Save" option in the "File" menu (or "Action" menu under Windows 2000), enter the "File name" and set the field "Save as type" to "Version 5.0/6.0 System Information File (*.NFO)";
    - Send the saved file to us along with the two other files mentioned above.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. jeanatavitar

Ran and saved the files as you requested. Tried to send them to you but I get the following message. I guess I have to create several new posts and attach each file in this forum.

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: Per your request
    Sent: 7/21/2005 2:49 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'support@acronis.com' on 7/21/2005 2:49 PM
    550 You must check your mail from this IP or SMTP Auth before sending to support@acronis.com

Attached Files:

7. jeanatavitar

run by removing quiet parameter and adding nodma parameter

Attached Files:

8. jeanatavitar

run by just removing quiet parameter

Attached Files:

9. Acronis Support

Hello jeanatavitar,

Could you please send me a PM with your e-mail so that we could provide you with further instructions on what can be done. Please make sure you don't have our e-mail address in your (or your e-mail provider's) black list.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

10. jeanatavitar

I can be reached at <e-mail address deleted to prevent spam>.

Your address is not on our blacklist.

11. Acronis Support

Hello jeanatavitar,

I have forwarded the problem to our Development Team and we will inform you as soon as the fix is found. Also I deleted your e-mail address to prevent spam.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

12. cgeyen

cgeyen Registered Member

I just purchased Acronis True Image v9 (build 2270) and am having this same issue.

As this problem been resolved yet? If so, is there a patch I can load?

Booting into "safe mode" does not appear to give me access to the network - which is what I need.

Thank You!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.