Having trouble with Add\Remove...

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by dja2k, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I don't know what I did, but now I don't have the option to remove anything when I am inside the add\remove programs. When I want to remove something, I have to go manually look for it in the program files or windows directory. Only new applications installation show the remove button in the add\remove menu. I don't have time to do a clean install of everything, so maybe there is a fix to rebuild the uninstall reg logs. Funny thing is, that I just cleaned out my computer a few weeks back for the same problem, and I never knew it was doing it again until I went into the add\remove today. Is there any program that can remove software not read in the add\remove or maybe a fix to it?

dja2k

P.S.
    Can something like jv16 Powertools 2005 be used via the Registry Manager that shows all the programs installed used to remove programs directly from the registry then manually deleting any other trails left as a way of replacing my screwed up add\remove program option.

Last edited: May 2, 2005
  2. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

3. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Thanks for the website, it would be helpful if I see the listings in my add\remove. I mean they are gone and the ones that are left aren't in the registry as that website states. Oh well, will remove what I have to manually for now. Better install a fresh copy of windows later. Still don't understand what could have gotten past my security and modified my registry in that way. AND we will never know....

dja2k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.