having trouble updating Adaware SE

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by cheater87, Aug 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

i have the latest version. it has trouble updating it gets to 5% thens stops. is there any other way i can download it??

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

You can manually download the ref files and follow the below procedure for over writing the older file.

Latest definition file Download page....look in the Updates Available section.

Manual Installation: Unzip the archive, replace the existing file and restart Ad-Aware\Ad-Watch.
    You can also use the webupdate component implemented in Ad-Aware to install this update.

3. cheater87

how do i do it manuallyo_O i have been trying to update it all afternoon. i was able to on the laptop but not the pc.

4. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

cheater, go to link Bubba supplied, click on the updates ref shown... it will download [save to desktop]

then, unzip, you will see a file called "defs.ref"...

open Windows Explorer/C/: Program Files/Lavasoft/AdAware SE folder, in there you will also see a 'defs.ref'...

make sure AdAware is not running, then simply rename the one in your AdAware folder with say, .bak on end to have it as backup, then simply drag the new one straight into the folder, then start AdAware up, it should then give the corresponding new defs as on the website.

TAS

Attached Files:

5. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

;) hth.....

Attached Files:

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Cheater....if you are not able to follow any of the above instructions....I suggest you simply wait till you can update properly via the program. What you have to understand is that the "5% thens stops" is a normal occurence for many users if not a lot of users. This has been an ongoing problem with the Lavasoft servers....especially when folks are attempting to accomplish the download on the day it comes out all at the same time. If in the future you run into this again....simply wait a day or later in the day and attempt again.

7. cheater87

i was able to download it today. sorry for any inconvienience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.