Having problem with installation of 2.0

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Starrob, Apr 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starrob

Starrob Registered Member

I first installed the program 2.0 this morning. I have windows XP. Very soon after my computer screen froze and I had to reboot. When I tried to reboot my zoneAlarm among other things would not load on start and I would get no response when I clicked on anything.

When I clicked on processguard I got some warning message about how processguard could not start. I decided to uninstall processguard and I was going to try to reinstall.

My only problem is that when I try to reinstall I get a message saying:

C:\\windows\system32\drivers\procguard.sys

DeleteFile failed code 2. Can not find the file specified.

I went to that location and i was unable to delete the file manually because I got a message saying something to the effect of "can't find the filepath".

I opened regedit and searched for procguard.sys and i found some registry entries only I am not sure which entries to delete. I have included a picture of the Regedit screen.

Could I please get help from someone on how to be able to delete procguard.sys so I can reinstall Processguard 2.0? Thank you for your help in advance

Attached Files:

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hello Starrob. Are you running the trial version?
    You need to ensure that you disable other programs before installing Process Guard.
    When you first install it you must reboot and you should leave it in learning mode whilst trying all your trusted programmes,
    Pleas read through the threads in this forum regarding PG Version 2.

Try this to uninstall Process Guard :

Step-by-Step guide to Manually Uninstalling Process Guard

You will probably never need to do this. This should only be required if you run into any strange problems with Process Guard that doesn't allow you to boot into your operating system normally.

1) Reboot your operating system into SAFE-MODE. To do this Reboot your machine, and just after your BIOS screen disappears keep pressing the F8 key. A menu should appear, select "Safe Mode" and press Enter.
    2) Run Process Guard's uninstall utility. You can see this from the Start Menu -> Process Guard -> Uninstall.
    3) To verify the removal, make sure procguard.sys does not exist in (c:\windows\system32\drivers) directory, and that procguard.dll and pguard.dat are not in your system32 directory (c:\windows\system32). If they still exist delete them.
    4) Reboot your machine and Process Guard should now be removed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.