having a problem updating macrium pe image

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by zfactor, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

says there is a image update available but when i click update it just closes the program and says pe is not installed?? i uninstalled and then installed it again just to make sure and says the same anyone else see this? ive posted once before on their forum and never got a follow up response so im wondering if anyone here has seen this?? thank you

also do you normally use the pe disc or just the normal linux one? should i even worry about pe? ive only actually used pe up till now so i was not sure how the linux restore compares for win7. thanks

2. dcrowe0050

dcrowe0050 Registered Member

It shows no updates with mine but I have never had this happen before in the past.

Both work fine but PE is definitely more stable for me. I had some problems with the Linux CD a while back so I have been using PE ever since.

3. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

the newest version according to their forums is 2.1.200, i have 2.0.180. to see if you have a update for the pe part you have to go to where you make a boot disk select pe and click update.

i even downloaded the manual update file from their forum and added it to the boot folder as instructed and it says i dont have pe installedo_O but its right there in the installed programs and i can make a boot disk just fine with the version i haveo_O makes no sense,, sucks i cant re download the original installer for winpe and i lost my disc is this correct?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.