Have you used this site?

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by tom772, Aug 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tom772

tom772 Guest

http://www.hijackthis.de/index.php#anl

Info form the site>

HijackThis log file analysis
    HijackThis is a program used by experienced users in order to detect browser hijackers. It allows you to identify any sort of spyware and malware (as well as some trojan horses and worms). This is achieved by scanning special zones of the registry as well as the hard disk drive, the results being listed in a structured window. Another feature of HijackThis is the creation of a log file, which can be saved as a simple text file and opened by any text editor (notepad as default). Until now, inexperienced users, who could not analyze the log file by themselves, had no other choice than posting it in a specialized forum and to hope that a more experienced user takes some time to analyze it. The script presented on this page is a way to analyze your log without help from the outside: simply copy/paste the content of the log file in the textbox below and hit the analyze button.

Because of a few misunderstandings I advert, that I only develop this online analysis and not the tool HijackThis.

I have used this site for a while and i like it, gives goods results and has a link to Merijn.org. I really wanted to know what people thought of this site and the results it gives?

it does give some false possitives though such as this>

4 - Global Startup: InterVideo WinCinema Manager.lnk.disabled Nasty
    Nasty Added as a result of the RPCBOT.F VIRUS!
    Hit rate: 19 % (result)

I think it good because it saves time and you can deal with the potential problem there and then!

Take care,

T;)

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.