have/use you installed light stripped windows 11 or 10?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mantra, May 1, 2023.

1. mantra

mantra Registered Member

Hi

Have you installed light stripped windows 11 or 10 ?
    and do you use them?

like tiny 11 or 10 or or Ghost Spectre Superlite or ReviOS 11 or others very fast and light windows operation system ?
    I have watched an laptop with Ghost Spectre Superlite , and it was amazing fast not only booting but launching office and other application

thanks

2. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

3. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

I would never trust a custom OS made by someone else, besides they always remove everything and people sometimes want to use certain removed features like store, edge, Defender or MSA.
    Not to mention they usually remove windows updates and other features, thus you have reinstall in order to update and people rarely do, so while it is performance wise, it is very security unfriendly.
    I prefer to do it myself post-setup, so it can be restored if needed, while not so effective, it is more convenient. I used to use ntlite/vlite before and I had to reinstall Windows twice a week, got tired of it.

Attached Files:

4. mantra

mantra Registered Member

hi @Mr.X
    is there a script to run or use task scheduler to upgrade windows 11 without tpm?
    would like to install on an old laptop maybe in mrb , rufus should download the iso from the microsoft and patche it, but to upgrade it without tmp
    thanks

hi @TairikuOkami
    me too , I just asking but believe me Ghost Spectre Superlite is amazing fast ,even with an antivirus installed
    thanks

5. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

So you want to make an in-place upgrade and not a clean install?
    Hope you know the difference...

6. mantra

mantra Registered Member

hi
    i would like to install ,a clean install and keep updated
    thanks

7. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

Then I suggest to do what I wrote in my previous post.
    Once you suscribe there, the author and others might give you answers to your questions on that thread.
    Good luck.

8. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

win11 Pro is current on 23GB, my Win10 LTSC has in original 30GB, and 11 pro is much snappier than 10 LTSC.

i consider the given builds in this thread as NOT secure, so many deactivated basic features, sounds critical.

9. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

Hope you're not talking about Slimdown10 – turn Windows 10 22H2 into classic/legacy Windows (I know you've said "builds" hopefully referring to iso files ONLY) cause this solution has many success stories they commented there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.