have to enable scripts alot to continue

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by m0nk3n, Feb 23, 2016.

1. m0nk3n

m0nk3n Registered Member

while i'm browsing youtube and watch a video, then watch next video i have to enable the somethingsomething.googlevideo.com script for each video instead of just enabling it to allow youtube.com or s.ytimg.com or whatever instead of a general script to allow for youtube.

same goes for mail after awhile there comes up alot of addresses i can allow.

any idea what this might be?

2. m0nk3n

m0nk3n Registered Member

with mail it's. the 187 is randomized -> 187-trouter-neu-a.drip.trouter.io (1)
    and for youtube it's. the r3 is randomized -> r3---sn-c33cgxq-vnae.googlevideo.com (1)

3. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

that an IDN address with umlaute or other token, but not plain.

to watch videos you need to allow s.ytimg.com.
    googlevide.com dont load any data here - combined the the IDN adress i thinks its user (who uploaded the video) dependent, maybe his channel - but it is not needed. disable notifications if they bother.

btw which browser and which script filter?

drip.trouter.io belongs to microsoft
    https://social.technet.microsoft.co...s-to-driptrouterio?forum=Forefrontedgegeneral

you are using edge or internet explorer? (see question before)

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Although not completely on-topic, I tend to find whitelisting javascript a pain if you browse more than just the same sites every day. So I just blacklist via uBlock Origin as a compromise.

5. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

same here but with umatrix - the white list grow fast, the blacklist is constant. using now ublock with modified settings to reduce my interaction and dropped umatrix temporary. in opera i dont use umatrix any longer and all is fine too. waste of time to "unlock" websites or web in general, it makes browsing not more secure.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.