Have TI send a tib file to 2 places?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Qapf, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qapf

Qapf Registered Member

I have True Image Enterprise 9.0 and I was wondering if it is possible to have True Image send the same incrimental backup tib file both to a local staging drive, and via FTP to a remote server. If not, is there a way to script trueimage and a command line FTP client together to achieve this same end. Thanks.

2. Qapf

Qapf Registered Member

anyone? I am doing the FTP transfer by hand, but I kinna need to script this action.

3. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

There is a program called SecondCopy which claims to copy over FTP.
    Perhaps you might want to check it out.

I would seem the program could be programmed to check for new files, etc and then make the copy transfer.

I am not familiar with the program but saw it referenced by forum member Tommy

http://www.centered.com/secondcopy/tips.html#TT_FTP

4. Qapf

Qapf Registered Member

thanks for the suggustion, but it looks like the thing can't handle files that are 2gb in size, the program just errored out and managed to delete an archive for a backup set.

I guess ill keep trying to find some software to sync my servers together via ftp.

5. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

If it will work with smaller files, why not try a backup with smaller file size using disk spanning--like 1492mb each, etc. If size is the only deterrent, you might be able for find a "work around".

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Qapf,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

I'm afraid that the current version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows does not allow one to save several copies of the same backup archive at one time. However, it supports saving backups over FTP.

If you want incremental backup to be duplicated on the remote FTP server after it is created, we recommend that you copy the backup either manually or by means of some third-party software which is capable of copying files over FTP. You can execute such software automatically using post-backup command.

In the pre\post commands fields of the backup archive creation options you can specify commands or batch files to be automatically executed before and after the backup procedure (see section 6.3.3 of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows User's Guide for further details). You can use any commands supported by Windows command line interface or enter a path to the batch file written in terms of standard Windows scripting rules (see this Microsoft Knowledge Base Article for details).

Please also take a look at this previous post of mine providing the example of a batch file automatically renaming backups in accordance with the current date.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.