Haute Secure

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ooooo, Mar 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ooooo

ooooo Registered Member

I read http://hautesecure.com/faq.aspx
    ...when malicious content attempts to load, behavior-based profiling algorithms identify and intercept it in real-time...

You can test it and if you find it easy and goot i install it to my pc.

2. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

So your looking for a guinea pig o_O
    Or are you still searching for a behavior blocker?

3. ooooo

ooooo Registered Member

Yes
    I want no more LinkOptimizer or something bad.

4. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

None of us do (except those here that test malware), thats why most of us are here.
    But what works on my system might not work well on yours and vis versa.
    If you have not already seen this LIST of behavior blockers and other similar security software I would check it out.
    I would also suggest to you before you start installing and uninstalling a bunch of different security apps, make sure you have a good back up plan cause not all apps will play well on your system and can be hell to fix if something should go wrong.

Another thread to check is HERE.
    So you can see what others here use.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  5. jrmhng

jrmhng Registered Member

Well has anyone tried this and can vouch for it?

6. Dieselman

Dieselman Registered Member

I tried this awhile back. Very annoying. I had to type in a key word to allow a program. Then I had to type in a key word just to shut it down. Used it for 5 minutes then dumped it.

7. SecOmnius

SecOmnius Registered Member

More or less the same impression.
    I tried the last Beta. I didn't like it. :mad:

8. quark59

quark59 Registered Member

Very good app! I'm currently learning to use some additional setting for non-browser protection. The browser protection is pretty much automatic and requires no user input. As with everything, there are exceptions (ex. browser add-on automatic update issues). All in all, I find this as an exceptional good app that offers excellent protection while surfing and is a additional layer in anyone's security setup.:D
    Allen

9. EricEgan

EricEgan Registered Member

I tried it on my xp pro machine with Antivir and CPF3 and it slowed my system considerably. I love the idea but will wait for a newer version that doesn't slow my computer down...

10. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Hi,

On vista64 it runs like a breeze. You should only set the global restrictions when you know wat they do, otherwise use the program specific templates (like quark59 advices).

The threshold the guys created to accept a rule is indeed very irritating (entering a number), on that I agree totally. The beta also has to improve in user skill level categorisation to improve the usability. This to protect new users from using options which are intended for the power user.

To me saying Hauts Secure is a noisy pop-up application is the same as asking for a law in the US to forbid selling scissors because kids hurt themselves with it (which is true but not likely when looked after).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.