Has PG saved you ??

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Chewbacca42, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chewbacca42

Chewbacca42 Guest

Using NOD32, MS AntiSpyware and PG

I just started using ProcessGuard recently. It works really good. I have had a few alerts which look like they were not bad and so far I don't think I did anything wrong. I must have read the whole help manual about 10 times by now :) Mostly I just allowed Global Hook for some programs

Last night I had one which could have been a virus try to modify explorer.exe. I sent it to NOD32 and they say its a new trojan "downloader" and will detect it with the next update

Now I assume other antivirus work like this too, what are the chances of me getting a new trojan which isn't detected yet ??

Obviously new viruses must be missed sometimes ? ProcessGuard protected me in this case so I think PG is well worth having since it can stop things like this.

Mainly interested in 2 things.. what others think about this type of protection and has anyone received new viruses not detected ? how often ? is this very common ?

I use to think antiviruses were invincible..

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi chewbacca24, One of the reasons that ProcessGuard was developed was for situations such as yours. Even the best AV's need a time to update their signatures although NOD32's heuristcs are closing that gap a little.

Other exploits can get around your AV, AT and firewalls which PG also helps protect against, especially stealth trojans that need to install a driver or sevice and others that use .dll injection into other processes.

ProcessGuard was designed from the start to augment your other security applications but not to replace them, all part of a layered defence :)

Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.