Has my Ad Muncher developed a compulsive eating disorder?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by AaLF, Sep 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Like many others I have been an advocate of ad muncher.

But since installing OnLine Armor++ some web pages have been hanging. Also downloads. For example, youtube is so slow I have to make a coffee until the vid. loads and plays and sit down and watch the replay to see it in one block.

Downloads hang until finally kicking in. Uninstalling Ad Muncher, realeased a lot of grunt and things seemed to resolve and 'quickness' returned. (Ad muncher seemed to be holding on to the ie links trying to sort them out?)

but........

Now I'm inflicted with cleavage ads on YouTube etc.

Do u think there is a conflict between the cow and the bird?

I want to block those 'provocative ads but I don't want to grow old and grey waiting for a page to download.

Any comments. I am using ie7 / xp-pro with OLA++. And I will not surrender the Emu. I am much impressed (except for maybe this issue).

2. dell boy

dell boy Registered Member

use Ad-block plus, firefox extension and i think maybe works for ie, never had problems and always stops ads :D
    EDIT: doesnt work on IE, maybe think about using firefox, if theres no reason not to, i would since there is many addons that you can get for it

3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

A couple years back there was a conflict but that was resolved after a while. You should check out the OA forums and see if there is a work around. If AM's policy is the same as the past they will do nothing to resolve conflicts. There is a similar conflict with A-squared, particularly Mamutu. I thought OA was using their HIPS as opposed to what Mamutu has though. From what I remember A2 was informed of this conflict at least 2-3 years ago before Mamutu was offered as a stand alone product. But nothing was ever resolved.

4. arran

arran Registered Member

not surprising. I have tried online armor along side admuncher before. and there is a conflict issue between them. you just have to dump 1 of them.

5. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

If you have Online Armors Web shield enabled try turning it off, that cleared it for me...:cool:

6. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Thanks. I think that's fixed it. Shame to have to turn the feature off though.

7. Rabiddog

Rabiddog Guest

I have Online Armor++ and AdMuncher running together and never had a problem. I have Web Shield enabled, also "Intercept Loopback Interface" checked. Works fine here.
    I have had a problem using Outpost and AdMuncher.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.