Has Metropipe.net been shut down like findnot.com??

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Echostar, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echostar

Echostar Registered Member

Hey! Does anyone use Metropipe.net or Mailvault.com?? The service has been down for the last two days. I fear something horrible has happened, like the government has intervened and shut them down. Anyone else use their services? They have been steady and good, not shoddy like findnot.com was.

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  2. Buzz Meeks

Buzz Meeks Registered Member

I use Metropipe as well. I tried going to their home page, and even that is down. Really annoys me.

3. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Using Google, I put in 'metropipe' and searched the web for all references within the past 7-days and your thread is the top result. Which, I suppose is a little sad since they are down and nobody seems to care. In fact, this thread was the only one indexed by Google that even asks what has happened.

Here's the search string for exactly what I did for the 7-day Metropipe search:

http://www.google.com/#q=metropipe&...m=4&ct=tlink&ved=0CAkQpwU&fp=119c5f3496e7bdc2

It's long, but it should show truncated here on the board, but the link will work. Hopefully, by the time you click on it there will be more queries as to what happened to Metropipe.

4. caspian

caspian Registered Member

That is really weird. I tried their service once a long time ago. It was my understanding that they were one of the better services. Are they in Germany?

5. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

6. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

I absolutely use Scroogle! But for the purposes here, I needed the additional strings which you can't do with Scroogle.. I checked 24-hours, 7-day, blogs, news and the regular search (I posted the 7-day web search link).

Weird how nobody seems to be discussing it.

7. Asus125

Asus125 Registered Member

Web pages, the metropipe homepage and the sslmailvault, are now running again.

By the way, hasn't Steve said a long time ago that metropipe is ok service?

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  8. caspian

caspian Registered Member

He said their corporate structure was good but their software was a little out of date.....I think that is what he said??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.