Has malware affected my IE browser?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by confuseduser, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. confuseduser

confuseduser Registered Member

In June, I had a malware problem which was resolved by a friend. During that time there were some deep problems that were flushed out and cleaned up. The PC works fine and it inadvertantly fixed some other outstanding things to affect performance.

However, there is one thing that has remained a problem. I used to have the problem where I could not save webpages properly, I would have to select save as HTML only rather than Webpage complete - this problem has been solved, but my problem now is this. I cannot open (easily anyway) a friend's blog page which I used to be able to do before. It will take from 5-10 minutes to load and then only with plain text, no background or proper display. This has happened since the infection but not been cleared up. I have tried a few things to clear this up but out of ideas, the biggest was to run CC Cleaner - now this fixes the problem, the page will load, but it will only load once after I have run the cleaner. If I exit and return, it wont load again.. or if I click a link to a second page or expand an article, it wont load. Could this be a lingering problem from the malware and trojan attack, or settings from the blog site interfering with my pc's ability to load.. or settings on mine. The best I could do was add it to trusted sites and alter security settings to no avail.

If I have posted to the wrong section, my apologies, please redirect me if needed. Otherwise, thanks in advance. Any additional info you need just ask. regards CU.

2. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

3. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

also download some anti spyware programs called Superantispyware and Spyware Terminator it has protection for IE and a real time shield.

4. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Hi there,

It would help if you could supply more info about your system such as what security applications do you have running in real time (AV, FW, AS etc...). Is it happening only to one particular website or others.

I would also run one of those on line scans from a reputable company (Kaspersky for exemple) and see what it finds.

As cheater87 suggested downloading another browser takes only minutes and you can see if the problem persists.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.