Has AVG changed recently?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by pcalvert, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcalvert

pcalvert Registered Member

My mother uses the free version of AVG, and she sent me the following email last night:

I asked her if this is something new that just started happening recently, or whether AVG has been doing this all along. She replied that AVG's behavior changed about a week ago.

Has anyone else seen a change like this in AVG's behavior, or know why this is happening?

Phil

2. mnosteele

mnosteele Registered Member

Daily? Any antivirus should be updating multiple times daily to keep you protected, if it doesn't then it's time for new and better protection.

;)

3. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Couldn't agree more!. With the best 'Heuristics' still leaving users unprotected 40%-50% of the time, the more frequent the updates, the better. And a reason why KAV's protection is hard to beat!

4. marcromero

marcromero Guest

I concur with what has already been said.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I have no idea , please post in Grisoft's forum :thumb:

6. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

There are many avs that dont update multiple times daily.Avast for example which has advanced scoring at av comparatives ,hasnt been updated since the 24th,but it doesnt make it any less a good av in my opinion.If theres a major threat most will update instantly.
    ellison

7. mnosteele

mnosteele Registered Member

That's pretty bad not to have an update in 3 days when there are up to hundreds of new malwares discovered daily.

:eek:

8. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

It depends on the individual really.When i run kav i would set it to daily updates anyway, as hourly used to annoy me a little.Any av i use i set it to daily.I havent had any problems.....not even when using AVG 6 when it sometimes was a weekly update.
    ellison

9. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

I must disagree. One automatic update per day I think is fine for the average home user.

The AV provider should post updates more then once a day but the average home user does not need more then one automatic update check per day. Manual of course is different, if I want to update 25 times manually I should have the ability to do so.

But I would never let a once a day automatic update limit on an otherwise good AV keep me from purchasing or using the product. ;)

10. mercurie

I agree with this. :thumb:

11. kdm31091

kdm31091 Registered Member

When I used AVG I didn't mind doing the updates manually. Security stays in my mind most of the time so it's not like it was difficult to remember.

12. mercurie

The same with me. But most users are not like us. trust me on that. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.