has anyone used avast or avira on windows 7 x64

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by winterlord, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winterlord

winterlord Registered Member

was wondering if anyone has tried either avast or avira on 64bit windows. i think i may try one of those and wondered if it worked well. also i have prevx, gonna be trying it out. but wont be buying it till payday and was wondering if im running that if that will cover my anti-virus portion or if i need somethin like avast or avira as well

2. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

Avast runs very well on my 64-bit machine. Avira does, too, but the WebGuard will cause slowdown when loading some pages. You can install without the WebGuard.

I like Prevx, but I prefer to use a sig-based AV with Prevx's in-the-cloud approach.

3. winterlord

winterlord Registered Member

ok, thanks. also mvdu can i use prevx and Avast? or is there no need to run both.

thanks
    dan

4. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

You're welcome! Yep, you can run them both. Sometimes incompatibilities with Prevx crop up, but they are rare.

5. Eliot

Eliot Registered Member

Avira works just fine on Win 7 RTM x64. :D

6. iTrendsNET

iTrendsNET Registered Member

I installed Avast on my first Windows 7 64-bit install and it worked great! I had major issues after removing Avast to try Avira on that install, but it is important to note that I was trying a very new Beta version of Avira at the time.

On my latest install I have Microsoft Security Essentials and Prevx. Both work great with no issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.