HAs anyone tried to restore indivual files from a full partion image?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by shieber, Nov 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Has anyone done a full image back up with TI9 2302 of a drive/partition and then chosen to restore just some of the files, day, a directory or two?

If so, has it worked? are all the restored files accessible?

sh

2. c1c2

c1c2 Registered Member

_Sometimes_ it works.

I´m just testing this feature on network folders.
    If the image is not corrupted (1 of 3 times), it seems to work.

3. shieber

The files resrore, yes?

You can then access and use (or delete) all of the files or are some of them? I.e., even though they all show up in the directory, you don't find that some of them are inaccessible and cannot be deleted?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2005
  4. KennethS

KennethS Registered Member

Howdy,

I have done the restore of individual files (from full partition images) with V9 on perhaps a dozen occasions.

Each time, it worked perfectly, though I do find it maddening that one must first "Uncheck" the partition to prevent all the files from restoring.

All the best,

Kenneth

5. shieber

I'm not sure what you mean. When you select Recovery, select an archive, you then select if you want to restore the whole image or just selected files -- is it that last "selection" that you find annoying?

Have you tried restoreing selected files from a full image archive to an alternate rather than the original location?

sh

6. KennethS

KennethS Registered Member

Howdy,

When I attempt to restore individual files to their original location I get the screen attached here.

It has everything checked for restroration.

I must then uncheck everything navigate to the file(s) I wish to restore, and finally check those.

All the best,

Kenneth

Attached Files:

7. shieber

Yes, I see. It defaults to all files.

My problem is some of the files are bogied -- can't access them; can't delete them. Acronis couldn't figire it out and said I had a bad drive. When I told them this happened on three diff machines from 3 diff manufacturers and three diff hard drive makers, they reconsidered the bad drive claim.

That was with build 2302 and prior TI 9 builds.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello shieber,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

As I understand, you have already contacted our Support Team via e-mail.

Could you please let me know your Acronis request # (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which can be found in the subject of the letters that you received from our Support Team? I'll review the correspondence and see what more can be done regarding this problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

9. shieber

It's case Acronis #392088.

They kept wanting me to boot fromthe CD and do sysinfo dumps and send them the files. Problem is that commands to get the sysinfo file don't work from the boot CD, so they had me doing digital photos of screens and sending the pics -- that's lots and lots of screens and a huge amount of files to send. It takes forever but I did it once.

I just don't have the time to repeat that process. So I think they just gave up. Which is why I was wondering if anyone else had detected the issue.

thanks for asking,
    sh

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello shieber,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I have traced your correspondence with Marian. It's probably that the problem is related to your WD800JB hard drive so Marian asked you to replace it with another hard drive, create a new sysinfo.txt file and send it to us.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience but this information would let us investigate the problem under consideration thoroughly and provide you with a possible workaround.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

11. shieber

But as I had already told them, the problem occured on three diff computers (diff models) with three diff brands of hard drives. So I don't know how they could be tempted to make a suggestion like that about the hard drive.

As for sending more syinfo dumps, it takes about an hour to do all the screen capture/photogprahy and then upload the images. I can't afford that kind of time for Acronis. I've already spent several hours trying to help Acronis track this down.

12. 42g0

42g0 Guest

hmm. I just go into secure zone and copy-paste what I need.

13. shieber

Thanks for the response but a bit off point. What I mean is, yes, one could just stick with TI8 and plug an image and then do copies. I'm intersted in whether some of the new features added in TI9 work. Sticking with TI8 might remain the recommended course of action.

sh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.