Has anyone tried this firewall -- EQsecure?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Ghost_ARCHER, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost_ARCHER

Ghost_ARCHER Registered Member

I am searching for a FREE light-weighted vista firewall that support 64 bit system. I need its GUI to looks more like tables. So I go to the FAMOUS matousec page of the "List of products" and search.

I can NOT find the website of OnIt Firewall, http://www.strippokerlive.net --- that domain name makes a little excited, that is all.

I look around SmartFix Security Center 's website and can't find its free firewall.

I found that EQsecure website is totally written in Chinese, as well as the download site, though the software support English :D, So here is the download link for

~~ removed the links to private copies of the executables - only link to the vendor's website/official downloads are appropriate ~~

~~ for v4 beta - see
    this thread for links from the vendor's website ~~

~~ for v3.41 stable - see
    this thread for links from the vendor's website (md5 checksum for this version) ~~

None of link is fast, but the file size is below 2.57M

I don't know if some one has tried it out. Does it support 64 bits? Does it have organize the rules in tables? How many resource does it consumes? How is it compared to other firewalls, SAY, windows vista firewall......

Because I get free 32 and 64 vista ultimate from MS recently, I want to see if I should step to vista....

OK, I forgot to say I want them on vista. I have quite limited free solution for vista ---- DSA, Webroot, PCTool, Comodo or ZA. Personally I would not consider that last two.

DSA is already get blocked for compatible problem on my test system o_O??

Any reviews about EQsecure? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2008
  2. subset

subset Registered Member

Hi,

two slight errors.
    - version beta 4 link points at beta 3
    - EQSecure is a HIPS, not a firewall

Cheers

3. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

EQSecure doesn't work on Vista.

DSA v2 works on Vista32 but the last time I tried it, it had a severe memory leak and performance issues.

4. Ghost_ARCHER

The first link seems correct, version 4 beta 3

You are correct on the second point, it is a hips. And the version 4 beta 3 has a totally chinese interface......

I will try webroot next..

5. Ghost_ARCHER

The first link seems correct, version 4 beta 3

You are correct on the second point, it is a hips. And the version 4 beta 3 has a totally chinese interface......

Matousec place lots of hips inside firewall category. I am wondering if they are doing this purposely or just don't know what is difference :D

Try webroot next..

6. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

EQSecure 4 supposedly has network interface protection so it can act as an outgoing "firewall".

7. subset

subset Registered Member

Sorry, my brain wished it was a link to EQS 4 beta 4, therefore I misinterpreted your line. :p

Cheers

8. rogervernon

rogervernon Registered Member

"Rising" free firewall is quite nice, I think

9. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Hola hombre,

This is about EQs ;)

Gerard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.