Has Anyone Tried The Pay Version Of SuperAntiSpyware?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by kurchatovium, Nov 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kurchatovium

kurchatovium Registered Member

Seems many have lots of good stuff to say about SuperAntiSpyware. Has anyone tried the pay version? I looked around and found pcmag review which was not that good but I am not so sure I trust all these magazines review of things at times.

2. davidw_426

davidw_426 Registered Member

Hi there, I tried the trial a bit back and was very pleased with it, it's well regarded here also. I never had any conflicts with any of my software using it, of course that could be different depending on your particular setup. I think it's worth the money myself if you're looking for a real-time application, opinion only of course :)

By the way, as far as PCMag goes, I don't mean to really sling dirt, but I don't put much thought into their reviews, especially with anti-spyware apps. I believe they use only a handful of spyware and attack scenarios, at least that is what I have read myself, of course you know how that goes. When I see software I want to take for a spin, I come here (call that a Wilders Security plug if you wish, lol).

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I have used the SAS Pro almost from the time it was introduced.
    Since I do not seem to get infections or even attacks, I have no way of knowing how good it is.

I have high confidence in it, however, based upon the results of cleaning malware as reported here and on other forums.
    I am not aware of any tests of AS/AT applications that the majority have high confidence in, as compared to AV Comparatives tests of AVs. I wish there were such.

I have paid (lifetime) versions of SAS and AVGAS. I have no way of knowing which is better. The one complaint I have with SAS is that it takes about a minute (I have not actually timed it.) from start until the system has leveled out so I can open other applications.
    Before anyone argues, I have tried it real time and on-demand, and the results are the same. AVG AS does not take that time to load at start.
    I have used AVG AS from the time of Ewido, and the lifetime licenses. I have had no complaint except the update servers seem to be down at times and it may not update on a particular day. At least that is my experience.

There is an issue between SAS and KIS7 in that the firewall warns of a change when SAS starts, and updates. Even with all the instructions as how to prevent that, it still happens sometimes. I understand that KIS 8 will correct that, but it is a long way off I think.

All in all, considering the delay at start, and the issue with KIS I prefer to run AVGAS real time and use SAS as an on-demand scanner.

Regards,
    Jerry

4. kurchatovium

I actually like what I have read and seen so far. I like the Lifetime subscription upgrade for only 9.95 too. :D

Actually as far as PCMAG goes I tend to agree with you especially when it comes to security software. They always give Norton super high marks and everytime I see actual user opinions they are always much much worse.

5. kurchatovium

Are there any issues with KAV 7 and SAS? I was thinking if using those two then maybe Comodo3 or Online as a firewall.

6. davidw_426

davidw_426 Registered Member

No arguments here, SAS DOES take a bit to load up, though in the free version I use I set it not to load the Task Bar icon. It annoyed me too, lol.

7. Thiggy

Thiggy Registered Member

I run SAS Pro (lifetime license) along with NOD32 2.7 on an XP Pro box and there are no resource issues or slowdowns, at all. Nada. There are frequent SAS Pro automatic updates; all done in the background.

8. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

I've been using KIS 6 & 7 + SAS Pro on my fiancee's rig (Athlon XP 2400+ w/ 2GB ram) for almost a year now without any hiccups. Both have virtually zero impact on system performance. Those that claim otherwise (no offense JerryM) are isolated incidents and most likely have other issues to resolve.

SAS Pro is an exceptional value ($20 for a lifetime subscription), arguably has the best trojan/spyware/adware detection on the market, and comes with some of the best support in the industry.

A quick search of this forum for SAS will pull back copious amounts of information.

9. kurchatovium

Thanks for the info. That is good to know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.