Has anyone tried SpeedShut 3.0

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by cet, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cet

cet Registered Member

Is it safe to use.

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Even when it was safe, I wouldn't use it. Windows is able to handle shutdown by itself. SpeedShut would be ballast on my computer.

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

I tried it and my computer remains working fine. I dont know if it really made shutdown faster though. Maybe because I already applied the same tweaks.

4. DonMartin

DonMartin Registered Member

I have tried another application, that really shuts down the computer fast. It´s like pulling the power cord :D
    I'm not using it frequently but as I said I have tried it on a couple of computers and I have never noticed any problem.
    It is called Super Fast Shutdown. Have a look http://www.bestvistadownloads.com/a-waresoft-software-253-software.html

Regards /Don

5. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

This is dangerous !.....software cutting power to your computer as shutdown.
    No wonder, the developer warned against your hard disk damage on their site.

Don't try this software.:thumbd:

6. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

I tried Super Fast Shutdown and at first I though it seemed slow because I didnt see anything happen, but then it instantly restarted.

No problem but I wouldnt recommend it.

7. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

From their website....hxxp://www.xp-smoker.com/freeware.html

Have you ever wished there was a faster way to shutdown your Windows 2000 or Windows XP computer system? I mean instantly shut it down! Now you can! Just install Super Fast Shutdown and click on one of the desktop icons created to reboot or shutdown instantly.

Warning: Superfast Shutdown is extremely powerful! Use at your own risk! Although it has never been reported, regular usage could possibly cause disk corruption.

8. fce

fce Registered Member

curious question, how long it take your PC shutdown?

i have Core2Duo with 3GB RAM, 200GB HDD and it take 15secs (max.) to shut it down.

maybe you need to upgrade too your PC....just maybe.

9. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

Shutdown time on this duo core is less than 10 seconds.I usually only have Returnil running at the time.

You can create your own Shutdown/Restart desktop icons if wanted.Saves going through the start menu.
    Shutdown Icon Link

10. lodore

lodore Registered Member

a bit of topic but how long are your startup times with your intel core duo processer based pc's?
    lodore

11. fce

fce Registered Member

20secs i can view windows log in....another ~15secs i can browse internet

after installing Rollback Rx, ~50secs i can view windows login.

12. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I´ve always had shutdown problems with XP (ridiculous that MS can´t solve this), that´s why I use a tool called Quick Shutdown, it forces hanging processes to shutdown and I never had any problem with it. Without it my PC would often hang when going into stand-by mode. And it´s of course also very handy, check it out. :)

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Launchers-Shutdown-Tools/Quick-Shut-Down.shtml

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.