Has anyone tried Nextgen Antikeylogger?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by pidbo, Oct 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pidbo

pidbo Registered Member

I'd be interested to know of anyone's experiences with this app
    NextGen Antikeylogger
    hXXp://www.maxsecuritylab.com/nextgen-anti-keylogger/nextgen-anti-keyloger-overview.php

It seems like it might be similar to keyscrambler.

2. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 Registered Member

Virtually identical to Keyscrambler. Not an application I'd install just to try it out. Whois record doesn't add to trust levels either. Stick with Keyscrambler imo.

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

So more of Key Scrambler type encryption. I guess we might soon see keyloggers bypassing this type of protection with a new cat and mouse game.Oh.. Í think may be they took rights for rebranding KeyScrambler, seems exactly same.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  4. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

Any bank that allows itself to be compromised is a bank not worth dealing with. Mine offers 100% reimbursement for unauthorized transactions.

No, you are just mentioning highly infinitesimal remote scenarios :D

5. scott1256ca

scott1256ca Registered Member

Even if a keylogger can't write to disk (or can't write to disk and then execute), is it not possible that the keylogger could find a security exploit in the browser and log keystrokes while still staying in memory? I guess I'm thinking of a Java exploit here. Yes it would be removed when you restarted, but in the meantime could it not still log keystrokes to your browser?

Couldn't an antikeylogger can protect against this?

6. Scoobs72

No, the idea is that if you get infected Keyscrambler would still stop keylogging. No matter how 'bullet-proof' you believe your setup is, nothing is 100% and in many cases it would be user error that would result in a keylogger installing. Testing it out in a VM, believing it is safe, and then installing it in your real system would be a prime example. There's probably lots of other "user exploits"

So when you're let down by all your other security 'controls', keyscrambler is designed to still render the keylogger useless. It's a final line of defense that helps to protect against the impact of system and user induced malware installations.

7. Scoobs72

I think I may have read that first sentence of yours differently than you intended. In which case, we're probably in agreement :) Another happy ending!

8. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

keyscrambler is very good and bacon saving in critical situations:thumb: it is a must for people who dont know nothing about security,for us maybe not needed but for family computers you bet they need it ofcourse with antivirus on too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.