Has anyone ran the sqlite3 command with VACUUM against the sqlite3 databases of Chromium?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by lotuseclat79, Mar 31, 2015.

1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

I run a script against the Firefox sqlite3 databases to minimize the storage they occupy before saving the state of my Firefox browser - Note: I do this because I run Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS from a USB flash drive, and so it is necessary to save the state of the Firefox browser (in memory) at the end of a daily session.

The script looks like the following code on Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS:

Code:
    #!/bin/bash -x
    # note - sqlite3_3.7.2-1ubuntu0.1_i386.deb or later needs to be installed for sqlite3 (I run 3.7.9-2)
    DIR="/home/ubuntu/.mozilla/firefox/*.default"
    cd $DIR
    for i in *.sqlite
    do
    echo "VACUUM;" | sqlite3 $i
    done
    exit 0

Has anyone ever tried running the sqlite3 command against the Chromium sqlite3 databases in a similar manner?

I would expect the code to be similar like:
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash -x
    # note - sqlite3_3.7.2-1ubuntu0.1_i386.deb (or later) needs to be installed for sqlite3 (i run 3.7.9-2)
    DIR=/home/ubuntu/.config/chromium/Default
    cd $DIR
    # Note the single quote (') and asterisk (*) below are necessary for Linux naming conventions to resolve, maybe not Win or Mac # systems running a different Shell than bash???
    for i in Cookies Favicons History 'Login*Data' 'Network*Action*Predictor' 'Origin*Bound*Certs' QuotaManager Shortcuts 'Top*Sites' 'Web*Data'
    do
    echo "VACUUM;" | sqlite3 $i
    done
    exit 0

-- Tom

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015