Has anyone ran the sqlite3 command with VACUUM against the sqlite3 databases of Chromium?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by lotuseclat79, Mar 31, 2015.

1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

I run a script against the Firefox sqlite3 databases to minimize the storage they occupy before saving the state of my Firefox browser - Note: I do this because I run Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS from a USB flash drive, and so it is necessary to save the state of the Firefox browser (in memory) at the end of a daily session.

The script looks like the following code on Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS:

Code:
    #!/bin/bash -x
    # note - sqlite3_3.7.2-1ubuntu0.1_i386.deb or later needs to be installed for sqlite3 (I run 3.7.9-2)
    DIR="/home/ubuntu/.mozilla/firefox/*.default"
    cd $DIR
    for i in *.sqlite
    do
    echo "VACUUM;" | sqlite3 $i
    done
    exit 0

Has anyone ever tried running the sqlite3 command against the Chromium sqlite3 databases in a similar manner?

I would expect the code to be similar like:
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash -x
    # note - sqlite3_3.7.2-1ubuntu0.1_i386.deb (or later) needs to be installed for sqlite3 (i run 3.7.9-2)
    DIR=/home/ubuntu/.config/chromium/Default
    cd $DIR
    # Note the single quote (') and asterisk (*) below are necessary for Linux naming conventions to resolve, maybe not Win or Mac # systems running a different Shell than bash???
    for i in Cookies Favicons History 'Login*Data' 'Network*Action*Predictor' 'Origin*Bound*Certs' QuotaManager Shortcuts 'Top*Sites' 'Web*Data'
    do
    echo "VACUUM;" | sqlite3 $i
    done
    exit 0

-- Tom

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.