Has anyone heard of ShadowUser Pro

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Rilla927, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

I was just wondering if anyone knows or uses ShadowUser Pro. When you put your computer in Shadow Mode you cannot catch a virus, trojan, worm, nor adaware, spyware etc.

Nothing is final until you write it to disk, and only what you write to disk if any, and everything else is left behind. It acts as another virtual pc. I only read about, just wondering if anyone else could shed some light. It sure sounds awesome.

Take a look for yourselves! http://www.shadowstor.com/

If anyone has opinions, please let me know.

Thanks
    Rilla927

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

3. Rilla927

Sorry Blackcat,

I thought I was in the right place. I will check out the links you gave me, just trying to gather some knowledge about this program.

Thanks again,

4. Vikorr

Vikorr Registered Member

I use ShadowUser and quite like it. It seems to me to work exactly the way it's intended.

If I had two harddrives on my computer, I would have gone with DeepFreeze and frozen C: drive, and used D: drive for all my games/downloads/updatable software etc.

But ShadowUser lets me set exempt folders on my C: drive, so to me, it's much more user friendly for a single drive computer (without having to partition your harddrive like you would with DF).

5. Rilla927

Hi Vikorr, my C drive is raido raptors, J drive raptor, K drive 400 gig Hitachi. So it won't work with multiple drives?

6. Vikorr

Vikorr Registered Member

They do, you specify when installing. It's just that you will still need somewhere to store your documents, email, saved games etc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.