Has Anyone Heard Of HerdProtect?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mlauzon, Sep 30, 2014.

1. mlauzon

mlauzon Registered Member

Found this on another forum, here is a "review" of it at the following link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhNnpXYvg40

(I am unable to embed it for some reason).

Here is a quick summary of it:

"HerdProtect is a second line of defense malware scanning platform powered by 68 anti-malware engines in the cloud. Since no single anti-malware program is perfect 100% of the time, HerdProtect utilizes a herd of multiple engines to guarantee the widest coverage and the earliest possible detection. As a second line of defense anti-malware solution, HerdProtect is designed to run with any existing anti-virus program already installed on a user's PC. HerdProtect is a free service to help user's find and remove malicious software."

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
  2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

3. Veeshush

Veeshush Registered Member

I think the hitmanpro approach is better by allowing multiple AVs but keeping the list to a short but reputable few. To scan your system with "68 anti-malware engines" is going to throw up a ton of false positives.

4. subhrobhandari

subhrobhandari Registered Member

I used to use it for a long time but too many FPs and they create cache files, just thousands of cache files. Not exactly suitable for me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.