Has anyone heard of CometBird?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by cheater87, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

I found this while I was using Stumbleupon. Seems like a pretty cool browser. Seems like its based off of Firefox and has an Xmarks like bookmark synchronizing feature built in. Gets a safe rating on Web of Trust. Has anyone used this? Seems pretty nifty. :)

2. Pinga

Pinga Registered Member

Who are they?

No 'About Us', no nothing. I wouldn't feel comfortable uploading such personal information as one's bookmarks to an anonymous Web site.

'Keep Your Bookmarks With You' - that's very good advice! With you, not with them ;)

3. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  4. bellgamin

bellgamin Very Frequent Poster

I went into shadow mode to try CB after reading the same post referenced by Tester. In appearance, CB was 99.99999% identical to Firefox. It seemed to be pretty fast, but not nearly so fast as Safari, which I tested in the same shadow session. After shadow, I installed Safari. Am keeping CB on hold until I hear from others as to their thoughts -- hopefully this thread will bring that to pass.

I'm waiting for FF's Namoroka to come out of RC. I have heard that it is really fast. I looove fast! :cool:

5. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I agree with Bellgamin regarding CometBird's speed.
    It's fast here also.

One of the claims for CometBird was faster startup than Firefox. I don't notice a difference. If it does load faster, it's negligible.

It does run lighter for me than Opera or Chrome (if you judge by Task Manager).

One possible disappointment is the lack of themes. I haven't found a way to download or install themes. The default theme suits me so I can live with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.