Has anyone heard of CometBird?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by cheater87, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

I found this while I was using Stumbleupon. Seems like a pretty cool browser. Seems like its based off of Firefox and has an Xmarks like bookmark synchronizing feature built in. Gets a safe rating on Web of Trust. Has anyone used this? Seems pretty nifty. :)

2. Pinga

Pinga Registered Member

Who are they?

No 'About Us', no nothing. I wouldn't feel comfortable uploading such personal information as one's bookmarks to an anonymous Web site.

'Keep Your Bookmarks With You' - that's very good advice! With you, not with them ;)

3. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  4. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I went into shadow mode to try CB after reading the same post referenced by Tester. In appearance, CB was 99.99999% identical to Firefox. It seemed to be pretty fast, but not nearly so fast as Safari, which I tested in the same shadow session. After shadow, I installed Safari. Am keeping CB on hold until I hear from others as to their thoughts -- hopefully this thread will bring that to pass.

I'm waiting for FF's Namoroka to come out of RC. I have heard that it is really fast. I looove fast! :cool:

5. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I agree with Bellgamin regarding CometBird's speed.
    It's fast here also.

One of the claims for CometBird was faster startup than Firefox. I don't notice a difference. If it does load faster, it's negligible.

It does run lighter for me than Opera or Chrome (if you judge by Task Manager).

One possible disappointment is the lack of themes. I haven't found a way to download or install themes. The default theme suits me so I can live with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.