Has anybody tried this?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by jon_fl, Oct 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jon_fl

jon_fl Registered Member

Has anybody tried Ace Utilities? I was looking at several other registry cleaners but I think Ace Utilities is excellent and has a lot more features. They also offer a registry compactor/defrag. :)

2. muf

muf Registered Member

3. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I have been using Ace for over a year and IMO it's money well spent. :)
    The registry cleaner and junk file remover are two of my favorite features.
    The programs uninstaller is another nice tool.
    As muf said the program is updated regularly.
    The developer(Hari)gives good support also.

4. jon_fl

jon_fl Registered Member

Everything I've read about this program has been very positive. It comes with very high ratings and recognition. I'm trying it now and I really like it. I'm surprised few here have tried it out. I tried RegSupreme, jv16 Power Tools and RegSeeker. So far I like this a lot. ;)

5. jon_fl

jon_fl Registered Member

Have either of you tried the registry compacter and defrag? If so, how does it compare to NTREGOPT?

6. muf

muf Registered Member

Sorry Jon, i have never used it. Although it is free for registered users of Ace utilities, i worry about applications that replace your registry with a leaner one that has taken all the crap out of the registry. I don't have any software to back up my pc so if it went t!ts up then i'd be a goner.

muf

7. jon_fl

jon_fl Registered Member

I tried NTREGOPT and the one from Ace Utilities, which made me a little more nervous with it's disclaimers. I think I do see an increase in computer speed though. I backed up the registry in ERUNT and also created a restore point before I did it. So far, so good. It makes sense to defrag and compact the registry if you are deleting registry entries. Anybody else use these registry compact and/or defrag utilities?

8. azumi21

azumi21 Registered Member

Ace is very nice.
    IMO new version of System Mechanic does a better job.
    I own both, can't go wrong with either choice.

You might like Regsupreme, no thrills, it will find everything possible to delete. :D

Last edited: Oct 31, 2004
  9. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I have used Ace U since I bought it for $29.95 1 year ago. It does an excellent job. I like it because it has an idiot-proof setting.

10. Tipton

Tipton Registered Member

I have been using Ace for about two years. It works great. However, I am confused. Ace does not come with a reg compactor, or de-frag. I have the latest version. Are you sure you are talking about Ace utilities?

Tipton

11. muf

muf Registered Member

"I have been using Ace for about two years. It works great. However, I am confused. Ace does not come with a reg compactor, or de-frag. I have the latest version. Are you sure you are talking about Ace utilities?

Tipton"

Ace Utilities does not include these in it's application. They are a seperate application entirely. However, if you are a registered Ace Utilities user then you can use this extra application for free. Look here:
    http://www.acelogix.com/regcompact.html

Fifth line down states:
    "(Those who have bought Ace Utilites are eligible for a free copy of Registry Defragmentor & Compactor.)"

muf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.