Hardware upgrades: Acronis Trueimage says no hard disks!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dorcom, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dorcom

dorcom Registered Member

Acronis True Image (V9.1. Build 3633) Failure:
    "E000101F4: Acronis*True*Image*Workstation has not found any hard disk drives."
    Yeah right!

Before I had A Silicon Image SIL3112 controller and two Maxtor 300GB SATA150 Model 6L300SO
    Everything worked fine with Acronis.
    I upgraded since the maxtor showed increasing sector error rates.

I installed/upgraded to a Promise SATA300TX2plus controller and two Seagate Barracuda 320GB ST3320620AS
    The system is much faster, but, now I can't back up!

Acronis reports: "E000101F4: Acronis*True*Image*Workstation has not found any hard disk drives." and shows an empty list.

When I select "Files and Folders" instead of partition it shows a drive tree and then the same message again. when selected full,:mad: starts a backup but ends with:
    "E00040007: Failed to backup file or folder 'C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat'.

Error opening the file. (0x40007)
    function = "CreateFileW",
    filename = "\\?\C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat"
    Tag = 0xA8A1022BD18AE036
    The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (0xFFF0)
    code = FFFFFFFF80070020
    Tag = 0xBD28FDBD64EDB816"

Can I ever expect anything in this industry to work?
    Now I have no backups!

It all worked fine with the previous hardware!
    :mad:

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dorcom,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please download and install the latest build, which is available on our web site at. To get access to updates you should first register Acronis software.

Please download and run this file to update necessary drivers.

If the problem persists, please create Windows System Information and Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ivan Sarychev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.