Hardware upgrade, HD reformat, reinstall LnS?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by l2006, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. l2006

l2006 Registered Member

I did a hardware upgrade recently, adding a new hard drive. My Look N Stop, which I registered (paid for) less than a year ago, now shows up everytime I boot up and asks for registration. So somehow the profile of the PC has changed and LnS thinks it's not registered, or perhaps is registered on two machines because the hash signature that identified my old configuration is different.

Question: do I reinstall Look 'n' Stop, and use the same registration key (serial number)? Do I play around with the settings, such as under "Registry Key" the "per user" or "Extra Save" checkbox?

Please advise. I also type in the old registration key, while an "Administrator" (I am using a modern PC running Windows XP), and hit the "Validate" button but nothing happens. When I boot up again, the serial number field is blank.

Here is my info (I changed the Serial number a bit to prevent it somehow being used again):

- Your order identifier : 11112006-51997-1342
    - Your Look 'n' Stop Code : 31DD32B79669
    - Your Look 'n' Stop serial number : 68de74[SIX LETTERS HERE]1087ef

Using L'n'S version 2.05p2, released October 5, 2004

Please advise.

BTW I bought Acronis True Image backup and am pleased with it.

L
    :thumb:

2. RyanM

RyanM Registered Member

Look 'n' Stop versions older than v2.06 use the hard disk drive as the hardware ID in order to register it. Because you have a new hard disk drive, its hardware is different from the old one, and you won't be able to use the same serial number in order to register Look 'n' Stop.

If you e-mail the support team at Look 'n' Stop with the proper information (previous order ID, current hardware ID, etc.) you will be sent a new serial number. However, I would recommend downloading and installing the latest version of Look 'n' Stop (v2.06) which, along with some enhancements and bug fixes, has a new registration combination which uses an e-mail address/serial number combo. This way, any hardware upgrades will not need a new serial number for LnS. As above, you will need to e-mail the Look 'n' Stop support team with the proper documentation in order to receive a serial number for the new version.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

RyanM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.