Hardware,malware,ISP? which steals the most joy?

Discussion in 'polls' started by ratwing, Apr 10, 2010.

?

Which in the past few years has caused you the most problems?

1. hardware?

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  2. malware?

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. ISP?

13 vote(s)
    56.5%
  1. ratwing

ratwing Guest

I cuddle,coddle and rub the tummy of my hardware. Best fans,cleanest envirioment I can provide.
    My Hardware is a collection of happy campers.

Malware is "welcomed" with the best weapons and deterrents I can muster.
    It never gains a foothold,or even makes a brief skirmish.

Yet for about five or six days,ever month and a half,I can count on a 5meg DSL
    connection running at best 2 megs!!

There is no "malwarbytes" no "comboFix",no "Wise Head at Wilders"
    that can help me here!!

Just over worked,shell shocked techs,with endless winsock resets,and speed test I allready ran,before I call coustomer service.

So, which has caused you the most misery in the past few years?

1.Hardware?
    2.Malware?
    3.ISP?

thanks
    rat

2. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

Without question, hardware: two hard drives, a power supply, a cooling fan, two optical drives, and two routers.

3. Boost

Boost Registered Member

ISP No question!

Never had any issues with malware, hell I play with malware,so it's not an issue :D

4. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

I have DSL with AT&T (formerly bellsouth).
    For the first three years I had the service, I experienced a myriad of problems.
    Naturally, AT&T denied it was their fault; they suggested I had misconfigured my router, that I had one or more software conflicts, and that my computer was probably lacking important updates.

Service has improved dramatically over the past eighteen months, but even though DSL is the best option for me, it's still robbery to pay as much for what I get.

No hardware issues except for a couple of burners that died prematurely, and apart from being disappointed by those applications that proved to be over-hyped or just plain lousy, the only true software problems I've experienced have been few and easily corrected.

5. ratwing

ratwing Guest

This is the first poll I have every created,and I do not know how,to remedy it,but I see I should have added a 4th choice : Software,(non-malware related).

6. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

My Vote goes to ISP...MY ISP Really Sucks

7. Noob

Noob Registered Member

ISP sucks here too, hardware easy to upgrade parts and malware not a problem :D

8. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

ISP without even having to think it over. I live in an area where my ISP basically holds a monopoly over broadband service. In the past two months, they have cut my service off instead of their intended targets' service, three times. The lines are so bad that a couple of squirrels body-slamming each other in a play fight can knock service out (both TV and internet), and, well, I could go on but its too early in the morning to put my fist through a wall, lol.

Software and malware I can get rid of, even hardware (now that I have an updated system). My ISP though, I'm just screwed unless I want dial-up.

9. guest

guest Guest

ISP, of course. All typical ISP problems used to happen until like 6 months ago, when I started experiencing a nearly perfect service from my ISP - maybe because I also drastically reduced my online time as well.

10. ratwing

ratwing Guest

Exact same here. One show in town.
    The cutting your service three times in error..Well that is just inexcusable.

rat

11. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I haven't had any trouble with any of the 3 you named. My hardware is very reliable & trouble free. No malware has landed upon these pristine shores. My ISP is sweeter than honey and the honeycomb.

All of my trouble has come from recalcitrant software.

Moreover, the weakest screw (by far) in all of my set-up is the hands on the keyboard.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.