HardenIT + secureIT = 100% CPU Svchost.exe

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by SPEEDY6128, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPEEDY6128

SPEEDY6128 Registered Member

HardenIT + secureIT = 100% CPU - Edited Question

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone can help me.

Pentium 4 2.80hz 1GB DDR-RAM Geforce MX440, 80GB Maxtor HD

Fresh Install Windows XP Pro
    Followed by SP2
    Followed by Windows Updates
    I install nothing else, that includes Drivers
    I then Install HardenIT + Recommended Settings + Reboot
    I then Install SecureIT + Recommended Settings + Reboot

= 100% CPU Svchost.exe Process on Bootup

I'am hoping someone might have a good idea as to which tweak setting might be responsible for this, so as not to change that particular setting when confronted with it. Considering its only happening on a fresh reinstall of Windows XP Pro. I thought its worth a shot asking you guys. If it were to happen after installing loads of third party apps I think it would be stupid of me to ask such a question.

Many thanks

Last edited: Mar 14, 2006
  2. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I have those two plus many more hardening tools and now do what you say. After my windows is started and all startup is processed, I have only about 3 - 6 percent cpu usage.

dja2k

3. SPEEDY6128

SPEEDY6128 Registered Member

Minds at a constant 100% until i close the svchost.exe within task manager, it doesnt happen again until next boot. Its defo to do with just secureit and hardenit, as like ive mentioned i tested it on a fresh reinstall.

4. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Well I don't know what is going on in your system but I install secure-it and harden-it with all defualt recommended options and I have never seen that same problem you mentioned. Maybe someone else who has can help more than me.

dja2k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.