Hardening Google Chrome thread??

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by HAN, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HAN

HAN Registered Member

A while back, I ran across a thread here at Wilders that gave several ways to harden Chrome beyond the basic WOT or ABPLUS extension stuff. In one interesting post, it was told how a user could deny all JavaScript and then only allow certain domains to operate with scripting. A couple of examples were to allow all .com but not all .cn . Or to allow all .net but deny all .uk .

Can anyone steer me to this thread? I have looked for hours and can't find it...

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

3. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Thanks for looking but those aren't it. I should have noted it somewhere but I didn't. No one to blame but me!!

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

5. NSG001

NSG001 Registered Member

6. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

7. Sordid

Sordid Registered Member

Yeah, follow NSG001's link.

It was m00nbl00d, windows security (kees), and hungryman in the thread if that helps.

Essentially, it is a default deny policy: you block ALL JS via chrome setting "Do not allow any site to run JavaScript" then make explicit "allow" rules for .com etc.

Very simple but effective. It worked quite well for me, but now I use HTTPSB which breaks the above for better content control. Totally worth it; HTTBSB is very robust and a great way to harden Chrome.

8. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Yes!! It's the insanitybit link! I've looked at HTTP Switchboard. But at this point, I want to deploy something quicker (and IMO, easier.) May come back to it later. Thanks so much to all who looked this up for me! I'm NOT going to lose it again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.