Hardening Apps. & Look'N'Stop Firewall

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CogitoErgoSum, Sep 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CogitoErgoSum

CogitoErgoSum Registered Member

After applying most, if not all, of the registry setting changes recommended by Harden-It, Secure-It and Samurai 2.6, I find that the "application filter" function in my Look'N'Stop firewall is not working. FYI, my dell pc has WinXP SP2 OS. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Peace & Love,

CogitoErgoSum

2. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

You shouldn't have installed all that. I did the same thing a while back and I had to revert my hard drive to an earlier state after I messed around with Harden-it and Secure-it. Other alternatives to that was to use sandboxie, which is free too and is better because it doesn't change any options, it just protects you while surfing the web. Never used Samurai 2.6, but maybe it conflicted with the other two hardening software's in your system. Next time you do something like that, it would be advice to do a backup of your whole drive with drive snapshot or something. Drive Snapshot is a demo, but you can do your backups within the demo period and the restore feature can be done anytime after that because it is not restricted under DOS once you make the boot floppy disk. All I can say is try to see if you can use the windows restore, if it is active, maybe it will work or maybe not. Also other people tend to use Total Uninstall 3 for installing things of that nature that is unknown what it will change in the registry and system wide setting. Good Luck! :doubt:

dja2k

3. CogitoErgoSum

CogitoErgoSum Registered Member

Thanks dja2k for the advice. FYI, I was able to resolve my Look'N'Stop firewall's "application filter" problem with the help of TurboTramp, the creator of Samurai and by searching the Look'N'Stop forums on Wilders.

Peace & Love,

CogitoErgoSum :D

4. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I wouldn't expect there to be a direct conflict, I haven't encoutnered any with those apps. Look'n'Stop does have problems with the application control not working occassionally, however. The reg patch available on the LnS site usually fixes it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.